Steck PTA Executive Board Members
A note from the PTA Co-Presidents
It’s hard to believe that it’s already 2014 and the school year is almost half over! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and enjoyed much love and fun with family and friends.
We are still basking in the glow of the amazing generosity shown by the Steck community during our annual Season of Sharing event. This year we had more than double the number of gift request tags we have had in the past and we still fulfilled every one of them. Thank you for all those that were able to give – what a wonderful project! Thank you also to all who attended the annual Pancake Breakfast and shopped at the Penguin Patch. Per usual, this event was a huge success and a lot of fun so we would like to thank our helpful elves who put all of the above mentioned December fun together – your contribution is so appreciated!
Moving forward into 2014, we would like to encourage all students to register for the upcoming science fair. This year the science fair will take place on February 3rd, but registration ends on January 16th so please register if you have not done so at: rebaosteckelementary.oursciencefair.com. The science fair is open to all Steck students and is a night of so much fun! This year the ever popular Mr. Freeze will be back and putting on a demonstration for students and parents during the fair – you don’t want to miss this! As with years past, we are actively seeking parents who are available to help “judge” the science fair. No scientific background is required as you really just approach the students and listen to their presentation and ask them a few questions. Please email email@example.com if you are able to help!
In closing, we really want to encourage all parents to attend this month’s General PTA meeting. It will be held on Tuesday January 14th and will include a presentation on the new English Language Arts curriculum and how it will meet Common Core Standards. Mrs. Pohlmann, some of our Steck teachers, and representatives from the district will be giving a presentation on this topic and then answering questions. We all have questions about the roll out of the new ELA curriculum, so we hope to see a large number of parents there!
Don’t forget Dinner Night Out this month at Culver’s on January 21st! See you there!
Kathy Lengiewicz & Kerry Clemm
5K USATF Certified Race Course & 1 Mile Family Run/Walk
September 27, 2014 at 9 a.m. @ Steck Elementary School
Individual 5k or 1 mile fee: $22
Family of 3 or more: $50
You can register at www.SteckFunRun.com
Registration Fee includes: entrance to USATF Certified 5k race or 1 mile fun run/walk (both races will be chip-timed), admission to the family post-race PARTY & VENDOR EXPO, one t-shirt per registrant, and one entry into the prize drawing at the post-race party.
POST RACE PARTY AND VENDOR EXPO:
The post race party is an event to look forward to!! We can thank Jersey Mike's Subs for once again catering sliced subs for all attendees! All registrants (and their family members in the event that race registrant is a Steck student) will be welcome to attend the party which includes free food and beverages, prize drawings, and a vendor expo put on by our sponsors which includes freebies, giveaways, demonstrations, free post race massages and information about our sponsors. This is a very fun event for the entire family and is FREE with registration!
SAVE THE DATE
General PTA Meetings
- August 7, 2013: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) at Kathy’s house
- August 28, 2013: General Meeting (7:00 p.m.) in MPR
- September 11, 2013: Executive Board Meeting (7:00 p.m.) at Kathy’s house
- September 16, 2013: General Meeting/New Comer’s Reception (7:00 p.m.) in MPR
- October 9, 2013: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- October 15, 2013: General Meeting (7:00 p.m.) in MPR
- November 6, 2013: Executive Board Meeting (7:00 p.m.) at Kathy’s house
- November 13, 2013: General Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- December 11, 2013: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- January 8, 2014: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- January 14, 2014: General Meeting (7:00 p.m.) in MPR
- February 5, 2014: Executive Board Meeting (7:00 p.m.) at Kathy’s house
- February 19, 2014: General Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- March 5, 2014: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- March 11, 2014: General Meeting (7:00 p.m.) in MPR
- April 9, 2014: Executive Board Meeting (7:00 p.m.) at Kathy’s house
- April 16, 2014: General Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- May 14, 2014: Executive Board Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
- May 21, 2014: General Meeting (9:30 a.m.) in MPR
Other School Events
- 12th: Market Day
- 28th: Fun Run
- Week of the 7th: Walk to School Week
- 10th: Market Day
- October 18 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade K
- 31st: Halloween Parade and Fall Party
- Week of the 28th: Red Ribbon Week
- Week of the 4th: Box Top Contest
- 7th: Market Day
- November 15 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade 1
- 26th: Start Braided Bread Fundraiser
- 5th: Market Day
- 7th: Winter Wonderland, Pancake Breakfast & Penguin: Patch
- 12th: Penguin Patch (MPR) at 6:30 to 8
- 20th: Winter Assembly
- 16th: Market Day
- January 17 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade 2
- 3rd: Science Fair
- Week of the 10th: Box Top Contest
- 13th: Market Day
- February 21 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade 3
- 13th: Market Day
- March 21 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade 4
- 28th: Spring Party
- 17th: Market Day
- 23rd: STEM Night
- April 25 - Teacher Appreciation for Grade 5
- TBD: Resale
- 15th: Market Day
- May 16 - Teacher Appreciation for Office/Support/Specials/LMC/Custodial
The STECK 3RD ANNUAL PTA SCIENCE FAIR will be held on February 3, 2014.
STEM Night will be held April 23, 2014. Details will follow closer to the date of the event.
Any questions, or if you are interested in volunteer opportunities please contact Micki Olawoye at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 630-280-9106.